Handbook for Groups
At the Senior Officers’ Meeting in 2021, the Secretariat made a proposal to create a Handbook for groups. In addition to capturing the knowledge and experience of our current groups, the Handbook will also offer advice on:
- How to set up a new group
- The practicalities of running a group
- The expectations for each kind of group (working group vs networking group etc.)
- How groups interact with the Secretariat and the support that would be offered.
- Evaluating the activities of a group to make decisions on current and future work.
The Handbook is not intended to be prescriptive but would be especially useful for anyone setting up a new group, or a current group which has experienced staff turnover.
The Secretariat will be contacting all group leads to draw on their experience, understand what has worked well for them and where they feel changes could be made. This feedback will be incorporated directly into the Handbook.